This most frequently used real estate leasing application can be outlined as follows:
- direct leasing (bipartite relationship; also: sale and lease back)
- acquisition of the building site (property or independent and lasting building rights) by the lessor from the future lessee and construction of the building
- indirect leasing (tripartite relationship)
- acquisition of the building site with existing construction (property or independent and lasting building rights) by the lessor from a third party
- term usage or usage transfer and against payment
- transfer of land and new construction to the lessee for use or right of use
With regard to new construction, there is special, indirect, construction financing related in type to the construction loan.